Life Cycle Approaches
The Life Cycle approach holds great potential for environmental and broader sustainability work. Through its systemic cradle-to-grave approach, it reduces risks of sub-optimization and problem-shifting from one part of the life cycle to another or from one type of impact to another. It brings new insights about how action in one stage of the product life cycle may lead to upstream or downstream effects far away from the point of action, perhaps in vastly distant geographical locations as well. In this respect it is an empowering concept that brings new opportunities for influence, beyond organizational or national borders.
India LCA Alliance (ILCAA) is a comprehensive information and knowledge sharing platform to create awareness, understanding on Life Cycle Thinking across sectors. At ILCAA, we seek to build LCA capacity among industries, government, civil society and NGOs in India.
Our primary objectives of ILCAA are:
- To create large scale awareness and build national capacity on LCA through LCA driven events/Conferences and trainings
- To share national best practices on LCA
- To develop Indian LCA databases across range of industries
- To increase membership spanning industries, governments and NGOs.
Benefits of joining ILCAA::
- One stop shop for all LCA/M information in India
- Stay Connected with experts
- Information exchange
- Post queries/share experiences
- Stay Updated-Best Practice/case studies